A peace-building organization, Africa Centre for Peace Building – AFCOPB (http://afcopb.org) and Awake Africa Magazine are set to announce the winners of their maiden edition of Community Heros Award on Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
The Community Heroes Award seeks to identify, celebrate and honor individuals and organizations who have committed themselves to promote development and peace at the grassroots through social work, entrepreneurship and selfless leadership.
The first edition of the Community Heroes Award is scheduled for September 20, 2018, 5:30pm at the University of Profesional Studies in Accra.
According to Mr. Korsi Senyo, Executive Director of AFCOPB, the award which opened for nomination in January to March 2017 had about 200 people and organizations applying.
“We have close to 200 people and organizations applying across Ghana and some parts of Africa.”
“It has been a very tedious work shortlisting for the consideration of the finalists by the jury. After months of review, we have concluded on August 15, 2018 to lease the names of the winners” – He added
Mr. Senyo added that the award will help energize individuals making positive changes in their various communities across the country and Africa.
The Award Categories:
- Community Heroes of the Year– this is the grand prize and hold the title of the year.
- Community Service– for providing selfless service in the areas of Health, Education, Social Support towards the development of the community
- Youth Empowerment– for providing dedicated services towards the development of young people in the community
- Women Empowerment– for providing dedicated services towards the development of women in the community
- Unknown Peace Worker– providing support and activities which helps in promoting peace and harmony
- Community Business Empowerment– providing supports and services that contribute to the growth and development of community businesses
- Children Support– provide care and support to children
- Talent Development– providing services or supports that helps in development sport, music, and discovery of talents at the grassroots
- Local Governance & Leadership– exhibit selfless leadership at the grassroots
- Media and Advocacy– for grassroots journalists and media organizations
- The winner received trophy and certificate
- One year media coverage of the hero’s works from Awake Africa
- One year website hosting and development from Senyo Global