Converting a bathtub into a shower is a typical home improvement project, and for a good reason. It’s tempting to think about upgrading to a walk-in shower, but would it be worth it? In comparison to installing a new bathtub, how will this change the value of my home? Consider these guidelines before making the transition from a bath to a shower.
Why You Should Replace Your Bathtub With A Shower
In addition to increasing your home’s value, updating from a bath to a shower during Bathroom Renovation Sydney has many other advantages. Numerous reports have stated that the average return on investment for home renovations is $1.71 for every dollar, with the highest ROI seen in bathrooms.
- In recent years, there has been a rise in the number of homes where a shower has replaced the bathtub.
- One of the benefits of walk-in showers is their convenience. Older people who have trouble stepping over the edge of a standard bathtub could find this helpful.
- It is common knowledge that showers give the impression of a much larger space in a bathroom. They have a smaller profile, giving the illusion of more room in even the tiniest washrooms.
- Showers can be better for the environment. Taking a bath uses more water than a shower, so if you’re trying to conserve resources, you could find it more convenient to use the latter.
A skilled and licensed contractor could easily replace your Sliding Wardrobes Sydney or convert your bathtub into a shower in no time.
WHICH IS BETTER FOR RESALE: A SHOWER OR A TUB?
A frequent question homeowners ask before deciding to replace a tub with a shower is whether or not the former is better for resale. According to real estate experts, converting a bathtub to a shower won’t hurt (and could even help) your property’s resale value as long as it isn’t the only bathtub in the house.
To maximise your home’s resale value, it’s a good idea to retain one bathtub if it’s in a neighbourhood where young families are active. If you plan to sell your home in the future, knowing the demographics of your area will help determine whether or not a bathtub-to-shower conversion is a good investment.
If you have no plans to sell your home soon or aren’t too concerned about its value, your decision should be based on how well it fits into your daily routine.
Value Of Shower Installation In Place Of Bathtub
Several variables affect how much money you’ll spend when switching from a bathtub to a shower:
- Determine whether or not any modifications to the plumbing or drainage systems are required before the new shower can be set up.
- Which kind of shower enclosure are you installing? There is a price disparity between various designs and variations. One example is the cost of installing a walk-in shower versus a standard shower stall.
- The components of the new shower you installed. Natural stone and other high-end materials and fixtures will increase the overall budget. Even so, if it improves the quality of your new shower, it could be well worth the cost.
As was previously mentioned, converting a bathtub into a shower requires careful consideration of several factors. Nonetheless, many homeowners claim they are well worth the investment.