Many families overlook a very important point when decorating their kitchens, which is the design of local lighting.There is only one main light hanging high in the middle of the ceiling, and there is no other light source (other than two small lights with a range hood can take care of the stove).This creates a problem: it should be the kitchen countertop that has been used for the longest time, but because of the top cabinet or the body’s obstruction, it has become a blind spot of lighting, which is dark and affects the cooking mood.Therefore, in this place, it is necessary to add supplementary light sources.
How much light do you need in a kitchen?
When installing the cabinet, you can ask the manufacturer to embed a few small lights on the bottom of the top cabinet and above the countertop for future use.If your cabinet doesn’t have this feature, today’s article may give you more inspiration.Spotlights, downlights, light strips, chandeliers, wall lights, there is always one kind of lighting suitable for your home.
Small lights like spotlights and downlights have many advantages:
- Flexible arrangement, according to the direction of your home cabinet and use habits to assign the position of lights;
- Small and exquisite, does not take up space, no matter how small the corner can take care of;
- It can also be embedded under the wall cabinet and hidden.
But you must calculate the distance between them, and don’t let the light stagger and cause light pollution.
Light strip / tube
The advantages of light strips (light tubes) are also obvious:
1.Can be embedded in narrow gaps
2, can bring continuous, uniform brightness.
3, arranged on the edge of the cabinet, you can also highlight the contour lines, forming a sense of suspension.
If you encounter corner bends, you can also use a soft light strip.
If there is enough space above your cabinets and there is no cover from the top cabinet, then use a beautiful chandelier.
- A beautiful chandelier is originally the best decoration in space, and thin hanging wires have the effect of raising space.
- If you use a non-covered chandelier, you can combine the lighting on the wall and the shelf.
Some light source brands we recommend for you:Philips e12 led light bulbs/Lohasled e12 led light bulbs/RGB(color-changing) smart(wifi) led light bulbs with e12 base from Lohasled or Philips.
The practical value of wall lamps is particularly high:
- fixed on the wall, not limited by the height of the cabinet, you can determine the height.
- Especially the models with telescopic folding arms make it easy for you to adjust the direction and distance and focus more on the work area you are using.