Ever since the coronavirus outbreak began, we have been worried and trying everything in our control to protect ourselves and our loved ones from contracting the disease. Our life schedules have changed and we are juggling to make our kitchen counter tops as our work stations.
Now is the time that we return to work but in a completely new state of mind and habits. We need to take precautions and follow safety measures right from when we leave our home in the morning. If you are using public transport for commuting, you need to ask your employer if they can provide a safer mean to travel for work on a daily basis.
While eating together or grabbing a cup of coffee with our colleagues used to be our favorite time during the working hours, we need to skip most of that owing to the strict social distancing protocols.
Although our offices do provide basic disinfection products, we must also carry our own to be used during travel. If you are looking to make a disinfectant wipes bulk purchase to save some cost, you can browse the products listing at Klerzix. With FDA approval granted to all their products, it is one of the best sites to purchase sanitizers and wipes for bulk orders.
Steps to follow proper disinfection throughout the day
When you leave your house for work these days, you carry an additional responsibility of ensuring the protection of your health and that of your family members. So, right from when you sit in your car you need to follow some disinfection protocols such as:
- Always carry a sanitizer spray and disinfection wipes with you.
- If you are using disposable masks, carry 2 extra sets with you as these masks fail to provide protection approximately 6 to 8 hours of use.
- Carefully dispose of the masks in covered bins to avoid the spread of the virus.
- Wipe the handle of the car, steering wheel, and your car keys every time you began to commute.
- Make sure that you do not touch the elevator buttons without sanitizing in between.
- Do not shake hands with anyone. It is not a norm anymore.
- When you reach your workstation, use disinfection wipes to clean your desk, the computer screen, keyboard, and any other stuff that is always present on your desk.
- Chances are that your desk and keyboards are not cleaned regularly and thoroughly enough by the sanitation workers.
- You can also clean your keyboard with the use of compressed air and cleaning solutions. Do not forget to disconnect it from your desktop before doing that.
- Use disinfection wipes to clean your water bottles and pen stands as well.
- Preferably carry your own meals and avoid visiting the office cafeteria often.
- Clean your phones and chargers with wipes as well after unplugging it from the socket.
You should follow these cleaning protocols at least twice a day when you start your work and before leaving for home. Basic use of sanitizers would work during the rest of the day. Keep yourself safe and adapt to the new ways of working to become a socially responsible citizen of your country.