Looking to add a fresh breath of life to your otherwise dull and lusterless house walls? By paying a little attention to what looks best on your walls, you can create a dramatic setting altogether. Once the house wall design is sorted, you can easily finalize the matching interior décor. With so many options now available in the market, it sometimes gets difficult to decide which color, design, or texture to choose. The Indian market has seen a paradigm shift to using wallpapers which is quite popular in the west. Apart from wallpapers, what’s catching up on trend are texture paints. Texture painting technique involves using a heavy consistency paint with a grainy or sandy finish to give it a rough pattern.
Your mind might be flooded with questions like, which one to pick between the two? Which one is cost-effective? Which one is easier to apply? Which one requires maintenance? While the choice remains basis your unique needs, what we can offer you is some answers and comparison between these for better decision making.
1. Variations If you want to create a dual-tone effect in the room, then texture paints are the best choice. With so many varieties of colors and shades available under the sun, you can come up with numerous mix and match ideas. You can also experiment with different finishings like rough, grainy, silky, matte, etc..on walls in the same room.
Having said that, there is no dearth of variety that wallpapers offer. You can pick from various designs like geometrical shapes, motifs, floral, stripes, and the list is never-ending.
2. Ease of Application If you have a wall that is worn out, then applying wallpaper will help you cover the damaged wall. Painting your walls can take anywhere between 3 days to a week to apply and for the walls to completely dry. Wallpaper application can be achieved in a day or two and you don’t even have the paint fumes to deal with.
3. Expertise Needed While both require an expert to get the perfect finishing, applying wallpaper requires in-depth knowledge and special tools in comparison to texture painting.
4. Durability Experts say that wallpapers tend to remain intact for almost twelve to fifteen years, while a painted wall has a life of about five years. Texture paint tends to fade and chip off due to humidity and continuous exposure to the sunlight. Hence it requires retouching every five years.
5. Cost-Effective In terms of cost, any day paints are economical than wallpaper. More intricate the design of the wallpaper, the expensive it gets. Moreover, the application cost of wallpaper is expensive as you need skilled labor to perform this job.
Another exciting way to redo the house wall design is to invest in paintable wallpapers to get the best of both worlds. It seamlessly blends the concept of hanging in the wallpaper, which can be painted later on to add a new dimension to your wall.
Whatever you choose, let it be a texture paint, wallpaper, or paintable wallpaper, it’s best that you first seek professional advice, you can contact your local house painting services. Let them first look at the specific piece of wall or the room you want to get started with, and they are sure to give you the best advice on design, texture, and product to go with!